Form your own Puppy Mill Action & Awareness Team! Being a Harley’s Heroes doesn’t mean you have to protest a pet store, and it doesn’t mean you have to speak during a city council meeting. There are many ways that our Harley’s Heroes spread awareness and educate the public about puppy mills without ever leaving their comfort zone.
Your Harley’s Heroes Team can take action as strongly as you choose. Here are some ideas:
- Distribute anti-puppy mill flyers/posters around your town (at veterinary offices, pet supply stores, grocery stores, libraries, anyplace with a community bulletin board).
- Talk to pet stores that sell puppies and ask them to consider changing their business model by offering homeless dogs available for adoption.
- Set up a booth at a local event (farmers market, street fair, etc) and educate the public about puppy mills. Flyers and banners are available.
- Ask your local pet supply store (and other businesses) if your team can set up a table to educate the public about puppy mills.
- Request meetings with your local, district and state lawmakers. Educate them about puppy mills. Explain that their help is needed to bring about change.
- Sit in on a city council meeting and bring up the puppy mill issue. Let your town officials know that you want to establish a puppy mill-free community. Encourage them to establish an ordinance banning the retail sale of puppies and kittens in pet stores.
- Your team can write letters to your local newspapers explaining the pet store/puppy mill connection.
- Connect with local media contacts (television, newspaper and radio), asking for their support in educating about the puppy mill issue.
- Organize a peaceful pet store protest.
All necessary information – including cards, brochures, handouts, posters and banners are available from Harley’s Dream.
To form a Harley’s Heroes team, follow these steps:
- Form your team. You can have as few as 2 members, or as many as 20 or more.
- Complete the form below and, once approved, we will add your team to our Harley’s Heroes list and nationwide map. Note: If you would rather your name is private, that is fine, we have several private Harley’s Heroes teams.
- Once we approve your application, we will be in touch with you and your team can begin to take action. Together, with others around the country and around the world, our voices will be heard!
You may also Click Here to access the Harley’s Heroes application form.
All necessary informational handouts, brochures, posters, signs and banners are available for you to download and print.
Coaches are available to answer questions and help make your individual Harley’s Heroes campaign a success.
Your town can have as many Harley’s Heroes Teams as you wish. If your teams grows larger than you would like, branch off, the more teams we have, the more impact we make!
Together, we can change the world for puppy mill dogs …
LET’S DO THIS!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead