UPDATE: We’re sorry but we have no more “Be a Superhero” awareness kits available.
We will be offering “Take a Bite Out of Puppy Mills” awareness kits in late September (free to educators). If you’re interested, please send an email to email@example.com and we will contact you when they are available.
We’re excited about this opportunity to educate children about the welfare of our canine friends in a positive, fun and creative manner. Thank you!
April 28th is officially National Superhero Day, and what better way to celebrate it than to encourage youth to become “Superheroes Against Puppy Mills!” Harley & Teddy were known as ‘the two tiniest superheroes’. They not only helped to save more than 700 dogs, they dedicated their lives to educating people about pet store puppies. Our belief is that everyone can be a superhero against puppy mills – all you need to do is put on the cape!
Children are the future of animal welfare. Many times they influence and are involved in purchasing decisions in the family – especially when it involves a puppy. Our hope is that through this campaign they learn what they can do to help make humane decisions and take simple actions to not support puppy mills.
We are thrilled to offer FREE “Be a Superhero Against Puppy Mills” Children’s Awareness Kits to elementary school educators throughout the USA. These awareness kits are free of charge. They are filled with child-appropriate information, giveaways, worksheet activities and resources to be used in conjunction with National Superhero Day (or at any time of the year). We suggest collaborating with other educators to take full use of the bulk quantities.
The following is included in the “Be a Superhero Against Puppy Mills” kit:
- Bracelets (100 youth-size)
- Temporary Tattoos (100)
- Stickers (100)
- Mini-Flyers (100)
- Bookmarks (100)
The following activity worksheets are provided for duplication:
- Harley & Teddy’s Superhero Story
- Harley & Teddy Superheroes Coloring Sheet
- Superhero Harley Coloring Sheet
- Superhero Teddy Coloring Sheet
- Superhero Emblem Coloring Sheet
- Escape from Puppy Mill Maze (beginner)
- Escape from Puppy Mill Maze (intermediate)
- H for Harley Maze
- T for Teddy Maze
- Superhero Word Search
- Superhero Word Scramble
- If I Were a Superhero (writing project)
- How to Be a Superhero (activity)
- What Would a Superhero Do? (activity)
- Design Your Superhero Cape (art project)
- Design Your Superhero Emblem (art project)
- Superhero Certificate
- Write a Letter to Your Legislator (writing project)
For the educator’s reference:
- Who is Harley brochure (4)
- Pet Store Puppies brochure (4)
- What is a Puppy Mill brochure (4)